MANAGEMENT OF WATER SERVICE DELIVERY
A vulnerability/risk assessment is a step by step evaluation that aims to identify vulnerabilities/risks and, the ability to reduce these vulnerabilities/risks through corrective actions. An effective vulnerability/risk assessment identifies critical business aspects (e.g. processes, assets). The vulnerability/risk assessment provides a framework for developing vulnerability/risk reduction options and determining associated costs to enable this.
RISKQ HAS BEEN DEVELOPED WITH THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING ASSISTANCE WITH:
• Identifying and understanding vulnerabilities and risks
• Prioritising, planning and implementing measures to control and manage these vulnerabilities and risks
RISKQ ALLOWS USERS TO CONDUCT BOTH VULNERABILITY AND/OR RISK ASSESSMENTS:
• Vulnerability assessment: is an assessment of an exploitable weakness or deficiency (i.e. the assessment of probability or likelihood of a threat or challenge occurring).
• Risk assessment: is an assessment of the combination of (i) the probability of a threat or challenge occurring and (ii) the consequence should it happen (i.e. impact).
TOOL FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Guided self-assessment
• Easy to complete/immediate feedback
• Communication tool
• Awareness/education tool (capacity building)
• Checklist to ensure things get done
• Identifies vulnerabilities/risks/gaps/areas of need
• Forced to think about and address all aspects
CURRENT TOOLS ON RISKQ INCLUDE:
• DWS Municipal Strategic Self-Assessment (MuSSA)
• WRC Water Safety Plan Tool
• WRC Water Safety Planning Status Checklist Tool
• WRC Wastewater Risk Abatement Plan Tool
• WRC Wastewater Risk Abatement Planning Status Checklist Tool
• WRC WaterVUL – Water Infrastructure Vulnerability Assessment
• Business Health Assessment
• Climate Change Adaptation Vulnerability Assessment
• Tender Quality Evaluation Schedule
Importantly, RiskQ is not limited to water services related tools, and can accommodate any sector requiring a vulnerability/risk assessment and associated management tool.
If you would like to utilise one of the existing RiskQ tools, or would like assistance in designing and developing your own customised tool, please contact us.